My Civics Pledge
I pledge to engage in my community now or in the future by…..
Using images from the videos you have just seen, design a Civic Pledge. A pledge is a promise or agreement to do something. In your pledge you will need to provide examples of how you see yourself getting involved in your community either now or in the future. Note: The pledge creator will allow you to select images. See the Creator Instructions on how to navigate this tool.
Once you have created your pledge, share it with your teacher, a friend, a parent or guardian to begin your journey of civic engagement.
Example of Civic Pledge:
NOTE: To apply an element or action, click on the check symbol in the upper right. To return to the editor, click on the X symbol in the upper left of the screen
• Stickers – Click on each of the 16 categories to select photos to use in your collage
• Draw – Drawing tool has multiple brush types, colors and more
• Text – Copy and paste this stem, I pledge to engage in my community now or in the future by…..to your collage. Add additional text as needed
• Shapes – Choose shapes like a circle, rectangle, ellipse, star, arrow and more
• Frames – Add fun frames to your image
• Filters – Filters can be applied like grayscale, blur, black & white, vintage and others
• Photo Manipulation – Resize and transform the image
• Crop – Crop image to a specified aspect ratio or create a custom crop box
• Objects – All objects like photos, shapes, and text are on their own layer and can be easily moved, resized, deleted and modified by changing their color, adding shadow, background and more
• Patterns and Gradients – All objects can be filled in with many built in or custom patterns and gradient
• Zoom & Pan – Canvas can be zoomed and panned using mouse, mouse wheel, or touch and pinch gestures on mobile devices